Open for Public Comment
- Public Notice and Executive Summary of Amendments
- 2019-2023 CDBG Consolidated Plan with Substantial Amendment for COVID-19 funding
- 2020 CDBG Annual Action Plan with Substantial Amendment for COVID-19 and CDBG-CV funding
- Citizen Participation Plan with updated language to reflect COVID-19 HUD waivers
- 2019 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- Resumen en español
What is CDBG?
In May of 2013 the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) formally notified the City of its status as an entitlement city under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
The City began receiving an annual allocation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds in 2014 through the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
CDBG funds are provided to projects that meet a national objective of serving low- and moderate-income individuals, addressing areas of slum and blight, or serving an urgent need.
The top goals identified in the 2014-2018 Consolidated Plan were promote the preservation and development of affordable housing; promote healthy, vibrant neighborhoods; support the retention and creation of employment opportunities; and maintain and enhance the quality of life of all citizens of Walla Walla. Our target areas are found in Census Tracts 9205 and 9206.
While the amount available for allocation varies from year to year, the City of Walla Walla’s CDBG allocation for 2014 was $384,079; in 2015 the allocation was $381,892. The allocation for 2016 is $368,678. CDBG funds are administered by the city’s Support Services Department.
What has CDBG been doing around the city?
- View a visual story of CDBG's impact on Walla Walla
- Citizen Participation Plan
- The 2014-2018 CDBG Consolidated Plan
Where can I go if I want more information?
Jennifer Beckmeyer is the CDBG Coordinator for the City. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.527.4540. Check back regularly for public notices, public hearing dates, important publications, and other CDBG updates.
If you would like to be added to the CDBG contact list to receive updates via email, please send your request to email@example.com.