Show/Hide
⚠️ Visit our COVID-19 page for our new City Update videos, along with the latest local news, resources for businesses, workers, and residents, and more.

Announcements

Street Light LED Conversion Project - The City and Pacific Power are partnering to convert approximately 1,500 utility pole mounted street lights to energy efficient LED lights.  The work will be done by DJ Electric working for Pacific Power.  Conversions are anticipated to begin in mid-July and be completed by the end of August.  At all times, please be cautious and courteous of workers in the roadway.  For more information, please contact the Public Works Operations Manager, Mori Struve at 527.4463.

It is our mission to provide safe passage on streets and rights-of-way. If you would like to report a pothole, please call 509.527.4363 or email pwinfo@wallawallawa.gov to schedule a repair. Potholes are normally patched within one to two working days.

The City of Walla Walla street system includes:

  • Maintaining 149 miles of streets
  • Pothole patching, crack sealing, chip sealing
  • Alley maintenance
  • Small paving projects
  • Utility cut repair
  • Snow and ice control
  • Leaf collection
  • 70 signals and school zone flashers
  • More than 6,000 signs throughout the city
  • Approximately 2,400 street lights

The streets are classified as major and minor arterials, major collectors, neighborhood collectors, and local residential streets.

Street lights

The City maintains approximately 25 percent of the street lights in Walla Walla. The remaining 75 percent are maintained by Pacific Power.

City lights have green tags on the poles, like the one below. To report a City street light that is out, please contact our office at 509.527.4363. To make a report after normal business hours, please call the non emergency dispatch number at 509.527.1960.

pole tag

Pacific Power lights have yellow tags on the poles, like the one below. Pacific Power is responsible for making repairs to these lights. Click here to report a Pacific Power street light that is out.

power pole tag

Request a street light

To request the City install a street light, please use this form.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer