Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 prohibits all state and local governments from discriminating on the basis of disability.
This ADA Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan for Pedestrian Facilities in the Public Right-of-Way demonstrates the City of Walla Walla’s ongoing commitment to establishing and maintaining an accessible community. We recognize that access is not only a civil right, but our social responsibility to uphold and promote diversity and inclusion. This Plan provides an opportunity for Walla Walla to review its programs, activities, and services to identify barriers and changes that are needed for individuals with disabilities to fully participate in civic life. It will be used to guide future planning and implementation of necessary accessibility improvements.
Both the Self-Evaluation and the Transition Plan are required elements of the federally mandated ADA Title II, which requires that government agencies provide equal access to programs and services they offer. While the ADA applies to all aspects of government services, this Plan focuses exclusively on the public right-of-way which includes sidewalks, curb ramps, pedestrian crossings and pedestrian push buttons. The Self-Evaluation will inform the development of a transition plan to prioritize and schedule the removal of barriers identified during the self-evaluation process.
How to get involved
- Visit our online open house to learn more about the project and how you can stay involved.
- Take the ADA Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan online survey (survey in English) (survey in Spanish) to let the City know where you experience barriers and which ones we should fix first.
- Use the online reporting tool to identify specific barriers when you're out in the community via your mobile phone or tablet.
- Call 509.527.4540 or (TTY) 7-1-1 or email email@example.com
- Visit ADA/Title VI Notices for information about the City's policies on accessibility and non-discrimination.
If you need to make a reasonable accommodation request, please contact the City of Walla Walla ADA Coordinator, Byron Olson, at 509.527.4540 or (TTY) 7-1-1, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.