The Walla Walla Fire Department maintains six Advanced Life Support (ALS) ambulances. The ambulances are staffed with a minimum of one Paramedic and one EMT. Three ALS ambulances are staffed for immediate response at all times. Ambulance equipment includes:
- 2 — Dodge Type III 3500/Braun Northwest
- 1 — Dodge Type III 4500/Braun Northwest
- 2 — Ford Type III 3500/Braun Northwest
The Walla Walla Fire Department is a Washington State Verified ALS trauma service. Ambulances are equipped with the most advanced ALS pre-hospital equipment available, including:
- EKG/12 LEAD with pacing capabilities
- Pulse-oximetry and capnography capabilities
- Over 20 medications, including medications for pain control, rapid sequence intubation, and acute cardiac care
- Invasive airway equipment
|Area Covered (Miles)||1,270|
|Number of Transports||3,212|
The Walla Walla Fire Department initiated ambulance transport services in 1969 and ALS services in 1973, making it the third oldest ALS service in the state of Washington. Currently, nearly half of the department members are Paramedics, with most of the remainder of the department members as certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT).
Ambulance Billing Services
Our ambulance billing services are performed in Silverdale, Wash. For any questions relating to ambulance billing statements, please call Billing Services at 800.238.9398. Their customer service is available from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Pacific Time.